User Access Level: Admin
Creating teams in Timely makes it easier to manage and report on a specific group of users. Instead of trying to remember which users belong to which projects or departments, Admin and Manager users and Team Leads can quickly view grouped team data by choosing a team from the People or Reports tabs.
Create a team
To get started, head to the People page and click “Manage teams”:
From there, click “New Team”. Give it a name, add an emoji for quick reference, add users and then hit “Create Team” when you’re done!
Assign a Team Lead
You can enable Employee level users* to manage people in Timely without giving them full access to account-wide data by making them a Team Lead.
*Employees without “see hourly rates” selected cannot be assigned as Team Leads.
You can do this while creating teams in Timely, or by adding them to existing teams. Just click a team, expand the Team Lead section and select the user(s) you want to manage projects:
Manager and Admin users assigned as Team Leads can access all permissions associated with their user role, which includes seeing the activity of all users in Timely.
Employees assigned as Team Leads can:
- Access data for their team on the People page
- View all logged and planned hours for members of their team in Hours and Company view
- Report on their team's activities
- Send reminders for their team to log hours
Employees assigned as Teams leads cannot:
- Create new projects
- Log and plan hours for team members
- View project status for projects they are not part of
- See logged money for users with hidden rates
- Invite new users to Timely
Learn more about tracking time with your team and reporting on their activities from our Help Center.