Timely is designed to help you save time. The last thing we want is for you to spend a ton of time troubleshooting! If you notice that memories aren't being displayed your timeline, here are a few steps you can take to make sure your data is being captured.
Note: If you're a macOS user on Mojave or Catalina, please check out this article first.
Basic Memory troubleshooting
Things to check first if you suspect there's an issue
Here are a few general steps you can take to make sure Memory is set-up properly on your computer:
- First, make sure you have Memory installed (Mac and Windows) and that the app is open (in the menu bar on macOS or in the Start bar on Windows)
- Check that Memory is switched "On"
- Make sure you're signed in with the email address you used to create your Timely account
- Verify that "Launch on Startup" is selected
- Check that you're using the latest version of Memory by selecting "Check for Updates" within Settings
Having more than one copy of Memory installed on your computer at a time can also affect whether or not your memories display properly. If you have more than one version of the app installed, uninstall the redundant version (Mac or Windows) and check again to see if your memories appear.
Note: It can take some time for your tracked data to appear. Timely requires time to process your data and display it in a way that is meaningful on your timeline. It also requires time for Timely's AI to parse that data in order to draft time entries for you.
Advanced Memory Troubleshooting
Something else you can check is whether the URLs Memory needs to access in order to upload data to your timeline have been blocked. You can whitelist these URLs to make sure data is flowing properly between your computer and Timely:
If you've confirmed that Memory is set-up properly and you're still not seeing memories on your timeline, our Success team will need to dig a bit deeper. You can help us get started by sending us the following information:
- What version of Memory you have installed
- A screenshot of Memory when opened from the menu/Start bar
- Approximate dates and times when memories should have been uploaded to the timeline
- Right-click the brain icon to create a one-time support package (Windows) or select "Create support package" from Settings (Mac).
Note: Support packages only show us information about how Memory communicates with our servers, not activity on your computer or the apps that you use. After sending us that initial support package, our Success team will let you know if we need additional info.